Social media is not my area of expertise – but here is a really interesting article from Web Pro News:-read more
- 62% of Brits shop online. This has risen from little over half of the population (53%) in 2008.
Office for National Statistics, August 2010
- Online shopping has grown by 25% to £4.4bn year on year.
IMRG, June 2010
- Over 2 in 5 (42.6%) of Brits are now shopping online at least once per week and the average shopper is now spending £71 per month on online goods.
eCommera.com, August 2010
‘Sage Pay’ is an online payment gateway that has over 30,000 customers, and I have seen a lot of Northern Ireland based companies that use it to allow the processing of credit and debit cards at checkout time on their e-commerce sites.
The big news is that they now also allow people purchasing from an e-commerce site to pay with Paypal as well.
Here is a wee graphic from http://www.sagepay.com/help/faq/how_does_paypal_work_with_sage_pay
So it now looks like not only can you accept PayPal payments without having to set up a separate payment option in your checkout process, but the user will be returned to your ‘order confirmed’ page on your own web site so you can now track your AdWords traffic properly!
NB – they say that
- One in three UK online shoppers prefer to use PayPal
and that [you can get an]
- Average incremental sales increase of 14%
I believe the first one, but I am taking the second one with a pinch of salt for now. But if this turns out to be even half true – I’ll be sure to come back and add an update to this post…read more