Google set to introduce Local Listings Ads
Local search has recently seen some big changes including the recent addition of a new reporting dashboard and the recent change from a 10 pack to a 7 pack listing. It looks like local search is about to offer up even more. Currently only available in San Francisco and San Diego, Google look set to roll out a new feature called Local Listings Ads shortly.
Just to summarise the short video above:
- Local Listing Ads are targetted ads that display when users search for businesses like yours in your area.
- Add your business to Google’s Local Business Center
- Pay a flat fee based on your location and business category
- Receive a full report on the no of clicks and more
- Appear at the top of Google search results and Google Maps
- Free call tracking to include the message ‘This caller brought to you by Google’
- First 30 days free
Rather than pay per click, it looks like it’s a pay per placement model that will offer local business advertisers another advertising opportunity to get listed on Google and another way to promote your business online.